Looking for a cookie that is tasty, yet healthier? This cookie is grain free, low sugar and rich in protein, healthy fat and collagen. I use it as a breakfast cookie that I enjoy with a frothy cup of collagen coffee. If you use Tahini, you will also get a boost of calcium. This cookie is a great choice for diabetics, liver disease patients or anyone who wants to start their day or enjoy a snack with a boost of protein.
- 1 cup (260 grams) peanut butter (or almond butter, cashew butter, Tahini, etc.)
- 1 cup peanut butter or vanilla protein powder (I use whey protein)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 5 scoops Vital Proteins unflavored collagen peptides
- 1 TB coconut sugar *if you use natural, unsweetened nut butter – you will need this small amount of sugar.
- Topping: sprinkle a bit of cinnamon sugar on top before baking
Preheat oven to 350. On a parchment lined cookie pan or a silicone mat, scoop or roll out with your hands 12 cookie balls. Gently press down the dough ball with your fingers. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake 12 minutes-ish. Ovens vary. Don’t overbake. I like to put my cookies in a freezer bag and keep them in the freezer because I like the texture of them straight out of the freezer.
Note: I like my topping to be heavy on the cinnamon. I don’t measure out the sugar or cinnamon – I just sprinkle and mix it up until it suits me. Adjust your sugar-cinnamon ratio to the way you like it, but of course!
I’ve been using a mixture of Peanut Butter and Tahini to give my cookies an extra boost of calcium from the Tahini.
STAY Healthy. Be STRONG. Get AFTER IT!